Advice, Preparation . . . Results™

I received a corrected 1095-A…what next?

Did you file an individual tax return earlier in the year, only to later receive a corrected 1095-A in the mail? Does this mean you should file an amended return?

Short answer: no.

Even if the corrected form increases the amount you owe, the IRS says you don’t need to file an amended return. However, you should consider an amended return if filing reduces the amount you owe or increases your refund.

You may consider filing if the corrected form shows any of the following:

  • Higher monthly premiums,
  • Lower advance payment of the Premium Tax Credit amounts,
  • Larger second lowest cost Silver Plan premium, or
  • More months of coverage.

If you’re not sure if you’d benefit from filing an amended return, consult your tax preparer. Of course, any time you need assistance with complex accounting issues, our experienced Patrick & Robinson CPAs team is here; contact us at (904) 396-5400 or

« »

What Our Clients Are Saying

I have personally known Mark Patrick since 1988. I have worked with him both professionally at the corporate level and personally as he has been my accountant. It is without hesitation that I would re…
Edmond P. Nash

Frequently Asked Questions


What if I have estate, gifting or asset protection concerns?


Before making a serious and perhaps irreversible decision about shifting assets to other individuals, trustees, guardians or planning the transfer of your estate, consult a qualified professional about how to...



4029 Atlantic Boulevard, Jacksonville, Florida 32207
6000-A Sawgrass Village Circle, Suite 1, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida 32082


Copyright © 2020 Patrick & Raines CPAs, LLC.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use